1/4/11

Discovery

I'm trying to discover new delish snacks to eat and boy have I found one. This morning I wanted a granny smith apple. We all know those are tart and give me instant headaches. Well, you might not have known that part, but they are tart and should always be paired with caramel. Ooey Gooey caramel. And, of course, your caramel to apple slice ratio should be illegal. I know some pre-packaged little containers of the caramel only make the treat about 120-150 calories but don't rain on my parade ok? This morning I cut my apple into slices, tossed it in a bag with, Splenda Brown Sugar Blend. Oh, my stars. I keep finding delicious fruits to pair this sugar up with and it's divine every time. I haven't tried lemons, but at this point I think it makes anything taste good. It was SO sweet and just hit the spot. Oh and it was 100 calories. YUM!! SOOO much better than my normal cardboard 100 calorie granola bar I eat in the morning that has me hungry a half hour later. Lunch today is microwavable Mac n Cheese! Best part? I just realized the pasta is in the shape of Toy Story characters. Score!!

Any suggestions for other great snacks are surely welcomed!

Posted by C

No comments:

Post a Comment